MyEverettNews.com received the following bulletin from the Snohomish County Overall health Division Thursday afternoon:
Persons WHO ATE Meals FROM THE TACO BELL AT 2727 BROADWAY ON Could 22-23 OR THE TACO BELL AT 303 91ST AVE NE IN LAKE STEVENS ON Could 23 Really should Get in touch with THEIR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OR PUBLIC Overall health
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Snohomish County Overall health Division has identified a case of hepatitis A that occurred in a meals worker who worked at two Taco Bell areas: 2727 Broadway in Everett and 303 91st Ave NE in Lake Stevens
Any person who ate meals from the Everett place on Could 22 or 23 or from the Lake Stevens place on Could 23 should really take the following actions:
- Verify if they are vaccinated against or immune to hepatitis A. Persons who are vaccinated or immune do not need to have to take any additional action as they would be thought of protected against this exposure. Persons can verify their vaccination records by contacting their healthcare provider, applying the Washington Immunization Data Technique at https://wa.myir.net or, if obtainable, referring to their copy of their immunization record. Persons who have previously been infected with hepatitis A also may well be immune. If they are not confident, they should really verify with their healthcare provider.
- Folks who are not vaccinated, immune, or are unsure of their status should really:
- Get in touch with their healthcare provider or make contact with the Snohomish County Overall health Division at 425-339-3503 (then press 1) for guidance and possible post-exposure prophylaxis to stop illness. Post-exposure prophylaxis includes getting the hep A vaccine or immune globulin (IG), which can offer quick and lasting protection when given within two weeks of exposure to the hepatitis A virus. Hepatitis A vaccine is obtainable from numerous healthcare providers or pharmacies in the county. Any person who was exposed and is obtaining problems discovering a vaccine provider, or who is uninsured or underinsured, should really make contact with the Overall health Division.
- Monitor for any symptoms of illness. Keep dwelling and do not prepare or serve meals for other people if you have symptoms. It requires in between 15 and 50 days to develop into symptomatic soon after becoming exposed. Early indicators of hepatitis A consist of:
- loss of appetite
- dark urine and jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin)
- If you create any of these symptoms, be specially thorough in handwashing soon after applying the restroom and prior to preparing or handling meals to stay away from potentially spreading the illness additional. Wash hands with soap and operating water. Be confident to lather and scrub all surfaces which includes backs of the hands, wrists, in between fingers, and below fingernails.
The confirmed case seems to have been infected throughout international travel. The Snohomish County Overall health Division is operating with the business enterprise to determine other workers who had been potentially exposed and connect them with prevention information and facts as nicely as sources for vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis, as necessary.
ABOUT HEPATITIS A
The hepatitis A virus lives in the poop or blood of a person who is infected and commonly spreads via fecal contamination. The virus may well be spread from individual to individual via close make contact with or via meals handling. Constant, thorough handwashing is important to stop spread via meals handling.
The illness varies in severity, with mild instances lasting two weeks or significantly less. Additional serious instances can final six weeks or longer. Some folks, specially young children, may well not create jaundice and may well have an illness so mild that it can go unnoticed. Nonetheless, even mildly ill people today can nevertheless be hugely infectious. Any person with symptoms of hepatitis A and possible exposure who is not vaccinated or immune should really seek advice from a healthcare provider correct away even if symptoms are mild.
For far more information and facts, visit www.snohd.org/hepatitis.
Hepatitis A, Taco Bell
My Everett News is a hyperlocal news web-site featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and facts and things of interest to these who reside and perform in Everett. It is written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County primarily based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by myeverettnews →