DARKE COUNTY — The Darke County Common Overall health District is providing absolutely free Narcan for particular residents.
>> TRENDING: two people today injured, hospitalized due to two-car crash in Greene Co.
The Darke County Common Overall health District posted on Facebook that the division will distribute absolutely free Narcan for particular opioid customers.
Study Much more
To qualify, the division gave the following suggestions:
- Prior opioid intoxication or overdose.
- History of nonmedical opioid use.
- Initiation or cessation of methadone or buprenorphine.
- Higher opioid prescription.
Opioid customers who meet the suggestions ought to also be getting any opioid prescription plus one particular of the following:
- Rotated from one particular opioid to a further for the reason that of attainable incomplete cross-tolerance.
- Smoking, COPD, emphysema, asthma, sleep apnea, respiratory infection, or other respiratory illness.
- Renal dysfunction, hepatic illness, cardiac illness, or HIV/AIDS.
- Concurrent alcohol use.
- Concurrent benzodiazepine or other sedative prescription.
- Concurrent antidepressant prescription.
- Individuals who may well have difficulty accessing emergency healthcare solutions (distance, remoteness).
A voluntary request from a family members member, pal, peace officer, or other particular person in a position to help an person who there is cause to think is at threat of experiencing an opioid-connected overdose can also be produced.
These interested in the absolutely free Narcan distribution and who meet the suggestions can make contact with the division at 937-548-4196 ext. 235.