News Release: Hawai‘i Division of Overall health Difficulties Red Placard to Café Mambo in Pā‘ia
Posted on Mar 16, 2023 in Most current Division News, Newsroom
PĀ‘IA, HI – The Hawai‘i Division of Overall health (DOH) issued a red “Closed” placard to Café Mambo to safeguard public wellness. The restaurant, owned and operated by Betham Pacific LLC, is positioned at 30 Baldwin Avenue in Pā‘ia.
The meals establishment will have to stay closed till all violations are resolved and the wellness division permits the restaurant to reopen to the public. For the duration of a routine inspection carried out on March 14, 2023, the DOH inspector observed essential and non-essential meals security violations such as:
- Roaches present all through
- Kitchen doorway entry of flies and danger for entry of other pests and
- Lack of suitable temperature handle for cold meals storage.
The wellness division is requiring the meals establishment to take the following corrective actions prior to it will be permitted to reopen:
- Qualified pest handle therapy to eradicate the pests
- Pest service invoices supplied to the district inspector
- Deep cleaning to eradicate all possible pest meals sources and
- Screening at the kitchen doorway to minimize pest entry when the door is left open.
A stick to-up inspection is scheduled for March 17, 2023.
To view restaurant inspection reports, go to http://hi.healthinspections.us/hawaii/.
For extra info on the department’s placarding plan go to http://wellness.hawaii.gov/san/.
# # #
Media Get in touch with:
E-mail: [email protected].
Telephone: (808) 586-4417
Cell: (808) 722-5380